ABOUT THE NEW INN
Freeholders Gary & Maxine, along with their team have been running and renovating The New Inn since 2011, turning it into the characterful coaching Inn it deserves to be, where local people and visiting guests can relax and enjoy the
traditional hospitality. The Inn has increasingly become a hub for the community over the past few years, the character and spirit of the local people truly are the heartbeat of the place.
There is a warm and inviting public bar and dining room both with log burning stoves. Our games & function hall has a pool table, table tennis, dart boards and a selection of board games. There's a log burning stove, private bar, and the space can seat up to 100 people. We also have a hidden beer garden with pergola and comfy seating. The Wifi connection is free and available throughout the building.
On the first floor there are two guest rooms, one of which is a two bedroom suite with bathroom, the other being a large room with ensuite. Just like the Inn was originally intended for, travellers from all over the world and closer to home are warmly welcomed.
FOOD & DRINK
There is an excellent selection of Cask Ales, Whiskies, Wine, Gins and the bar is well stocked with everything else including Guinness and a guest lager on draught.
A daily written menu of pub classics by chef and landlord Gary, is served Wednesday to Sunday. Gary is a time served baker, the homemade pies and puddings always prove popular as does the fish & chips. We do our best to source ingredients locally and almost everything is homemade.
Sausage rolls and cornish pasties can usually be found at the bar, as well as home baked bread.
Parties of all sizes can be catered for in the function hall or dining room. Whether it be a wedding reception, funeral tea, charity event or smaller family get together a menu can be tailored to suit you.
The New Inn was built around 1780 and was orignally a coaching inn where horses would have been stabled in what is now the Inn's dining room. We are currently researching the Inn's historic owners and are uncovering some gems of stories so watch this space for very interesting news.
Aberchirder itself is an 18th century planned village locally known as Foggieloan which was the original settlement name before the founder of the official planned village; Alexander Gordon, the laird of Auchintoul renamed it Aberchirder in 1764. The original name of Foggieloan or 'Foggie' is still in use today by people all over North East Scotland and beyond.
You can find out a lot more about the history of this wonderful village by visiting the Foggieloan community website.